Thursday, April 7, 2011

Dating on a Dime!

How long has it been since you and your “other half” were on a date? If you are like me you are sitting there trying to remember. Has it been that long? Seems like everyone is cutting back their spending and trying to save more. But it is so important that we continue some things like spending quality time with our significant other. Not only do we deserve it, we NEED it! Madame Deals and Living on Love and Cents have teamed up to bring you Dating on a Dime. Go here to see the prevous posts.

Sometimes the best dates can be had in the comfort of your own home. Last Friday night we were thrilled when some friends offered to watch our kids for us. But only for 2 hours. Hey I'll take it! So how did we make the most of our 2 hours?
We made dinner together. Normally I do not enjoy cooking and would insist that a "date" include someone else cooking for me. But money is tight right now. I had items on hand for a pasta dish and salad. So I got my husband in the kitchen with me and we made dinner together. The great part was that it was time for me and him to spend together. We made it fun! This meal was easy enough that he could help with it. We did not turn on the tv or even the radio so that there were no distractions. This meal only took about 20 minutes to make so we still had a lot of time left after cooking.
After dinner was ready we sat down to a quiet meal! Add a couple candles to make it romantic. I poured a glass of wine. We had over an hour to sit and just talk. Talking without distraction is very rare for us. So it was fabulous!
This is a great idea if you are on a tight schedule and budget. Try it!
There are a lot of great local deal sites where you can find something new and exciting to do without breaking the bank.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!