Monday, March 21, 2011

Frugal Eats!



Each week Budget Savvy Diva writes a weekly post called "Frugal Eats." She eats Gluten Free – meaning she doesn't eat anything with gluten in it – like anything that is made with flour.

Most of my favorite foods are made with flour – cookies, cakes, pasta, pizza, soy sauce, gravy, the list goes on. Because I am gluten free for health reasons – I have a VERY strict diet – but that does not mean I wanted to give up flavor or my favorite things to eat. So I provide recipes that I love that just happen to be gluten free

For the list of gluten free recipes please head on over HERE

------

If you've ever tried to find gluten free brownies - not only are they HARD to find but they are SUPER expensive. Well I decided to try Betty Crocker Gluten Free Brownie Mix - I was able to snag it for $2.00 on clearance - her is me excited to make brownies :)
So I made the brownies by the directions - 350 for 30 minutes - used two eggs and 1/2 stick of butter :)

BUT - I always like to add a little spiciness to my brownies by adding 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper and 1/2 tsp of curry powder - nothing to cause a lot of spiciness but to cut the strong sugar taste - works great.

Baking for me is all about adding flavors that you would not associate with the baked product.

Here is the final product :)






These brownies were AMAZING :) - They are almost all gone! The cayenne and curry was light and enhanced the chocolate flavor :)

Thanks Sara!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!